This page explains what you and your child can expect at your feeding clinic appointment.
If your child has been referred to us, we will arrange to see them in the outpatient clinic
Changing or cancelling your appointment
If you need to change or cancel your child’s appointment for any reason, contact the children’s neurology administrator on 020 7188 7188 ext 53288.
Please tell us as soon as possible so we can offer the appointment to another patient.
Before your appointment
During the appointment, it may be helpful to watch your child eating or drinking.
Please bring the following to the appointment:
- completed food diary and questionnaries if these were sent to you in the post
- your child's red book (personal child health record) if your child is pre-school age
- a typical snack for your child to eat
- a list of any medicines and dietary supplements your child is taking
- any reports from previous feeding or developmental assessments - these may help us to build a picture of how eating and drinking is changing over time
- details of any professionals involved in your child's care
- a short video of your child eating
During your appointment
You and your child will have an appointment at one of our three specialist clinics.
After your appointment
At the end of the appointment, we will discharge your child or give them a follow-up appointment, depending on their needs. Some children need further assessment and some children are referred for therapy. Most children return to their local feeding services, or have shared care.
Shortly after the appointment, you will receive a letter from the feeding team. This will contain information about their observations, conclusions and advice.
This letter will also be sent to the referring doctor, GP and any therapists and nurses who are involved with your child in the community.
The letter will have a contact number if you have any questions.