This section provides information about our South Thames Retrieval Service (STRS) team.
Our team is based in the children's intensive care unit (PICU) at Evelina London.
All consultants specialise in children's intensive care and have additional responsibilities.
- Shelley Riphagen – service lead and liaison for hospitals in Kent
- Manal Alasnag – deputy service lead and liaison for hospitals in Kent
- Marilyn McDougall – STRS education lead and liaison for hospitals in south west London
- Alison Pienaar – clinical governance lead and liaison for hospitals in south east London
- Jon Lillie – liaison for hospitals on the south coast
- Miriam Fine-Goulden – liaison for Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells, Guildford and King’s College Hospital.
- Andrew Nyman – STRS IT and data consultant
- Maya Pavcnik
- Benjamin Crulli
- Jennie Lambert
Retrieval clinical nurse specialist
- Karen Starkie - lead
- Bethany Turton - deputy
- Hannah Downing -STRS support nurse
Retrieval nurse practitioners
We have the largest retrieval nurse practitioner (RNP) training program in the UK. Our RNPs have the same skills as our medical team, leading approximately half of our transfers.
- Fiona Bickell – RNP team lead in addition to other lead nurse duties
- Jo Davies
- Jo Dyer
- Sarah Hardwick
- Sasha Herring
- Kirsteen McCulloch
- Louise Preston
- Alex Williams
- George Humble
- Heather Burnett
- Jodie Cashill
- Catia Pinto
- Matthew Martin
- Annette Toner – department secretary
- Sonya Leeds – department secretary
- Justin Williamson – IT consultant
- Derek Goddard – STRS data support
- Harriet Nowell – STRS nursing data support