We are a specialist allergy service providing a holistic diagnostic and therapeutic service for children with allergic disease from around the UK.
Our active research programme ensures our patients have early access to the latest therapeutics.
Our consultants are always happy to discuss clinical problems and possible referrals so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Who can refer
GPs and other secondary services.
How to refer
All NHS GP referrals must be submitted using the NHS e-Referral service (formerly Choose and Book).
Referrals sent to the nhs.net mailbox or by post from GPs will not be processed.
Tertiary referrals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is suitable for patients up to 16 years of age and is for urgent and routine referrals only.
Conditions, diagnosis and specialist treatments
- Immediate reactions to food
- Insect sting and venom allergy
- Allergic reactions with no clear cause
- Latex allergy
- Angioedema acute and chronic urticaria
Respiratory/ear, nose and throat allergy
- Chronic rhinosinusitis
- Moderate to severe allergic rhinoconjunctivitis
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Evaluation of reactions to antibiotics, vaccines, anaesthetics
- Poorly controlled rhinitis
- Anaphylaxis to wasp and bee stings
- We also see children with gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms eg reflux and proctocolitis, where food allergy is suspected
Allergic disease can have a dramatic affect on a child's quality of life. With new treatments emerging, accurate diagnosis is essential.
Our consultant-led service provides a comprehensive range of diagnostics for food, drug, venom and latex allergy as well as for identifying the role of allergy in asthma, eczema and rhinoconjunctivitis. Most tests are available to children during their clinic attendance.
- skin prick testing
- specific IgE blood tests
- atopy patch testing
- lung function testing
- diagnostic food and drug challenges
- specialist imaging
- nasal endoscopy
- specialist treatment.
- Immunotherapy for rhinitis
- Desensitisation to drugs and insect venom
- Anaphylaxis management package
- Specialist dietetic advice
- Anti IgE therapy