Our heart services outreach nurses support you and your family when your child has been diagnosed with congenital heart disease.
Any child under the care of a heart consultant can be supported by this service, whether your child is seen at Evelina London Children's Hospital or in an outreach clinic at your local hospital.
Information and advice from the outreach service
The service consists of specialist nurses – Catie, Trish, Emma and Jane. They support families by providing information about:
- diagnosis and how the condition will affect your child
- signs and symptoms to look out for
- relevant treatment options (surgical and medical)
- your child's growth, development, medication, activities and general health and well-being.
- act as a link between Evelina London and all other healthcare professionals involved in your child's care
- attend all outpatient clinics within Evelina London Children's Hospital and many of the outreach clinics
- run a dedicated helpline for patients and their parents (see the number on the right for contact details)
- coordinate the rapid assessment service, where children who are new to the service or existing patients who have become unwell, may be reviewed by a cardiologist quickly and efficiently.
- provide emotional support for parents.