The rheumatology service at Evelina London diagnoses and treats rheumatological inflammatory conditions and provides rehabilitation services for those with musculoskeletal pain.
We are a specialist unit, covering south London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Conditions we treat
- juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
- juvenile systemic lupus erythematosis (lupus)
- juvenile dermatomyositis
- mixed connective tissue disorders
- chronic non-bacterial osteomyelitis
- fever syndromes
Non-inflammatory musculoskeletal pain:
- biomechanical pain
- chronic sports injuries
- joint pain and other associations with hypermobile joints
- chronic (long-term) musculoskeletal pain
- complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- juvenile fibromyalgia and similar conditions
We also treat:
You can find out more about these conditions on NHS Choices.
We provide specialist clinics for adolescents and young adults. This is to make sure we address their needs directly and help prepare their move to adult services. We usually ask to see young people on their own at the beginning of an appointment, if they are happy to do this, and invite parents in afterwards.
Our team is made up of a group of experts including doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and psychologists.
We also work closely with the kidney, infectious diseases, dermatology, eye and gastroenterology services, as well as the adult rheumatology and INPUT pain management services to provide the best care possible for our patients with complex needs.