Ingredients to make seven muffins
100g self-raising flour.
100g soft butter or margarine (use milk/soya free if required).
100g caster sugar.
3 large eggs whisked.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Cream the butter/margarine and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the whisked egg to the mixture and slowly fold in the self-raising flour.
4. If the mixture becomes too thick, add a small amount of milk or your child’s usual milk substitute (e.g. soya/oat/coconut milk).
5. Divide the mixture equally between 7 paper muffin cases sitting in a muffin tin.
6. Cook for approximately 20 minutes in the top of the oven until risen and bouncy to touch or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
Adapting to make recipe wheat free: Use 100g wheat free flour (e.g. Doves Farm*, Orgran*) with 2 teaspoons wheat free baking powder. Or 100g gluten free self-raising flour (e.g. Doves Farm*, Orgran*)
*Please check these ingredients to make sure that your child has previously eaten and tolerated them.
These muffins may be made and frozen in advance of your child’s baked egg challenge. To defrost, take out of the freezer at least two hours before the challenge appointment time. If you want to make these into chocolate muffins – swap 20g of the flour for 20g cocoa powder and mix them together.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact 020 7188 3300 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).