If you are booked for a telephone appointment, you will receive a letter/email and a text message confirming the details, including the date and time. If your appointment is made at short notice, you may not receive a letter but the team will ensure you have all the details you need in advance.
Please help us by ensuring we have the correct telephone number for you. This will be the number you receive text message confirmations on and/or the number detailed in your child's appointment letter. If you need to update your details, please contact the department in advance of your telephone appointment.
There are two ways you may be able to access a telephone clinic appointment:
- Pre-arranged date and time for a clinician to call you. You will receive details of the appointment via text message and appointment letter as detailed above.
- Via the patient online booking (Zesty). A list of services that offer this for patients is below. You will be provided the link to book a telephone consultation by the service.
- Complex childhood and young adult neuro disability
- Paediatric musculoskeletal
- Paediatric neuromuscular disorder
- Paediatric orthotics
- Paediatric rare bone diseases therapy service
- Paediatric rheumatology
- Paediatric allergy
- Pharmacy medicines
Telephone calls may be from our Trust number (020 7188 9613) or the number used to call may be withheld. Please note you are unable to return calls to this number.
If you miss the call, the clinician will move onto the next patient and then try to call you again at a later time. If you were unable to answer and/or do not receive a call within one hour of your appointment time, please contact the department number on your clinic letter.
Occasionally, there might be a short delay and your appointment might not run at the planned time. This may be because our clinician needs to spend a little longer with another patient.