There are lots of organisations and resources that can help your family with money, debt, food, healthy eating, housing and staying healthy. See below for local and online resources for mental health, relationships, confidential life advice and more.
- Warm spaces Southwark
Places in Southwark where you can visit for free, relax, stay warm and meet others in the community.
- Warm spaces Lambeth
Places in Lambeth where you can visit for free, relax, stay warm and meet others in the community.
Advice, support, legal services for poor housing or homelessness.
Tel: 0808 800 4444
- Alone in London
A charity supporting young people, 16-25-years-old, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Tel: 0207 939 1220
- Look out for free coupons, online vouchers, discount codes before buying products or booking trips on the internet. Try sites like Couponstar and Free in UK.
- Many restaurants are offering buy one get one free meals: visit sites such as Moneysavingexpert and Vouchercodes for information.
- The use of air conditioning whilst driving increases fuel consumption by 10% so open up the windows!
- An estimated 50% of car tyres on the road are under-inflated so keep your tyres filled up because soft tyres waste fuel and will wear out faster.
- Roof racks and carriers should be removed when they are not being used, this reduces drag and weight which will lessen your fuel consumption.
- A fuel-efficient way of driving is to drive in the highest gear possible without labouring the engine
- A bath can use up to five times more water than taking a shower.
- Tumble driers are big consumers of electricity. If you have a garden, dry your clothes for free!
- There's no need to fill your kettle right up. If you're just having a cuppa fill it with what you need - not only will it boil quicker but it will use a lot less energy too.
- Try not to leave appliances on standby because up to 10% of the total electricity used in your home is due to appliances left on standby.
- Turning the thermostat down by one degree celsius can cut more than 10% from the average central heating bill.
- The London Irish Centre
A charitable organisation that supports people from Ireland.
- Ashiana network
A culturally sensitive, multilingual and globally aware organisation supporting women and girls experiencing abuse.
Tel: 020 8539 0427