The Chief Executive's team
The Chief Executive's team is accountable for the overall strategic and operational management of Evelina London Women's and Children's Clinical Group. Members of the Chief Executive's Team also sit on our Board, providing assurance to the Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Board on the overall performance of the clinical group.
Ms Gubby Ayida – Chief Executive
I was delighted to join Guy’s and St Thomas’ as Chief Executive of Evelina London Women’s and Children’s Clinical Group in May 2023.
I have been a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist since 2001 and have a strong background in medical management and leadership and of successfully leading women’s and children’s services at Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust. Just prior to joining Evelina London, I was Medical Director of The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. I was also Special Advisor to the Chelsea & Westminster Trust Board on diversity and inclusion and bring that experience to my role at Evelina London.
I’m delighted to see we have a wonderfully diverse workforce who understand our communities and who hold the values and behaviours that actively break down barriers and proactively reduce inequality of access, thus improving health outcomes for all the women, children and families we serve.
Dr Sara Hanna – Medical Director
Tel: 020 7188 4626
I have worked in children's services at Guy's and St Thomas' since 1997 which includes most of my training in children's intensive care medicine.
I was appointed as the first Evelina London Medical Director in April 2014. My job, along with the Director of Nursing for children, is to provide an oversight of the care given to women and children in this very large Trust and that the voices of staff, patients and their families are heard.
The best thing about working at Evelina London...
The range of what we do - from immunisation at one end to incredibly specialist and rare services at the other - and the fact that it's all important.
Our staff also have a real appetite for trying to do as good a job as possible and to learn from when things aren't perfect.
Other CEO team members
- Janet Powell, Director of Nursing
- Gina Brockwell, Chief Midwife
- James O’Brien, Director of Operations and Improvement
- Sarah Henderson, Director of Strategy
- Hazel Childs, Head of Finance
- Cheryl Samuels, People Director
- Andi Ttofa, Head of Communications
- Charlotte Dunn, Chief of Staff
Directorate management teams
Each of our five clinical directorates have their own dedicated directorate management team.
Children's community services
- Dr Bidisha Lahoti, Clinical Director
- Loetta McGurry, Head of Nursing and Universal Services
- Lindsay McLelland, Head of Children's Therapies
- Abdulrahman Alghali, General Manager
Children's medicine and neonatology
- Dr Claire Lemer, Clinical Director
- Debbie Komaromy, Head of Nursing
- Claire Gregory, General Manager
Children's surgery, theatres and anaesthesia
- Lance Tooke, Clinical Director
- Cavette Castillo, Head of Nursing
- Vivek Joshi, General Manager
- Professor Eugene Oteng-Ntim, Clinical Director
- Karen Plews, Deputy Chief Midwife
- Alice Denga, Head of Nursing
- Alexandra Dawson, Interim General Manager
Children's cardio-respiratory and intensive care
- Alain Fraissé, Joint Clinical Director
- Owen Miller, Joint Clinical Director
- Victoria Felton, Head of Nursing
- David Atkins, General Manager