Evelina London is part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. We are a Clinical Group within the Trust. This means our leadership team has formally devolved responsibility for services for women, children and young people, and has a significant degree of delegated authority.
The Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust Board of Directors holds legal accountability for the Trust, including Evelina London. The Evelina London Board provides assurance to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Board on the operational, quality and safety and financial performance of Evelina London. They also report on the delivery of the Trust's strategy through services for women, children and young people.
The role of the Evelina London Board
- Monitor operational, quality and safety, and financial performance.
- Provide external advice and independent challenge.
- Monitor business, performance and key risks and issues.
- Set the strategic direction of Evelina London.
- Making sure that patients and families are at the heart of decision making.
The role of the Evelina London Executive Committee
The Evelina London Executive Committee provides collective multidisciplinary leadership of the Clinical Group and develops and implements the Trust’s strategy.
It is responsible for:
- operational management and overseeing the delivery of agreed annual plans in line with Trust frameworks and regulatory requirements.
- establishing appropriate internal frameworks, policies and procedures.
- upholding Evelina London’s values, making sure that patients and families are at the heart of decision making.
Evelina London Clinical Group