Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We are pleased to let you know that we are delivering training again and have developed a range of training options including new e-Learning packages and online webinars. Please watch this space for details of dates and how to apply, or contact our department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a training brochure.
We offer a range of training courses for parents and professionals working with children and young people in Lambeth and Southwark.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss bespoke training.
Training for parents
Our courses for parents and carers of children with speech and language needs include:
- how to support school aged children with speech, language and communication at home
- picture exchange communication system (PECS) awareness
- using visuals to support communication
- talking mats training
- LEGO® therapy training
- Makaton signing training
- behavioural feeding training
- autism spectrum disorder and related disorders support group.
Training for professionals
We run courses for nursery staff, teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals. Our courses include:
- identifying and supporting speech and language communication needs in EYFS and schools
- supporting children with autism spectrum disorder in EYFS and primary school
- communications commitment follow up sessions (schools only)
- Elklan training (children's centre staff).