Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Following current guidance from NHS England, we have cancelled all of our training courses and drop-ins at the present time, for the safety of our families and staff.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to reschedule as many as we can. We are also looking at other ways of presenting the training and will keep you informed. Please keep an eye on this page and our community speech and language therapy Facebook page for updates.
Read our latest information on coronavirus.
We offer a range of training courses for parents and professionals working with children and young people in Lambeth and Southwark.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss bespoke training.
Training for parents
Our courses for parents and carers of children with speech and language needs include:
- how to support school aged children with speech, language and communication at home
- picture exchange communication system (PECS) awareness
- using visuals to support communication
- talking mats training
- LEGO® therapy training
- Makaton signing training
- behavioural feeding training
- autism spectrum disorder and related disorders support group.
For a full list of courses, dates and information about how to book, please see our training brochure for parents (PDF 917Kb).
Autism spectrum disorder workshops
We run a range of workshops offering support and information for parents and carers of children with autism spectrum disorder:
Training for professionals
We run courses for nursery staff, teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals. Our courses include:
- identifying and supporting speech and language communication needs in EYFS and schools
- supporting children with autism spectrum disorder in EYFS and primary school
- communications commitment follow up sessions (schools only)
- Elklan training (children's centre staff).
For a full list of courses, dates and information about how to book, please see our training brochure for professionals (PDF 989Kb).