We offer a range of training courses for parents and any professionals working with children and young people in Lambeth and Southwark.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss bespoke training.
Training for parents
Our courses for parents and carers include:
- how to support school aged children with speech, language and communication at home
- picture exchange communication system (PECS) awareness
- total communication training
- talking mats training
- LEGO® therapy training
- Makaton signing training
- autism spectrum disorder and related disorders support group.
For a full list of courses and information about when they run, please see our training brochure for parents (PDF 917Kb).
Autism spectrum disorder workshops
We run a range of workshops offering support and information for parents and carers of children with autism spectrum disorder:
Training for professionals
We run courses for nursery staff, teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals. Our courses include:
- identifying and supporting speech and language communication needs in EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3
- supporting children with autism spectrum disorder in EYFS and primary school
- how to run targeted groups in schools in order to develop speech, language and communication skills
- how to maximise learning through questions
- communications commitment follow up sessions (schools only)
- Elklan training (children's centre staff).
For a full list of courses and information about when they run, please see our training brochure for professionals (PDF 989Kb).