Ambulance workers are planning strike action on Friday 10 February. Learn more.

A number of transport strikes are due to take place this February. If you or your child has an appointment at one of our hospitals or community centres, please plan ahead and do all you can to attend. If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact your clinical team.

Speech and language (community) referrals

Referrals for children under five

Please see when to be concerned about a child's speech and language development before making a referral.

Referrals for school-aged children

If you are concerned about your child’s speech and language, talk to the special educational needs coordinator (SENCo) at their school.

Schools should have access to a speech and language therapist who will support school staff in developing children's speech, language and communication development. 

The relevant referral form must be accompanied by a speech and language therapy checklist for the school year that the child is in (you can download these below).

The checklist should be filled in by the child's teacher.

How to make a referral

This service has an open referral system. This means that anyone can refer, including parents.

Please download and fill in the referral form (Word 187Kb) and then email it to: .

If you wish to post a hard copy of the form details of how to do this and where to send it to are included on the form.


Referral contact

Tel: 020 3049 8181

Email: gst-tr.evelinacommunity