What we do
The healthy weight specialist nurse in Lambeth supports children aged 5-12 years who have been identified as being above a healthy weight. The nurse works with children and their families to make lifestyle changes that will help them become healthier.
The service offers one-to-one appointments in community health centres or virtually depending on family’s preferences and needs. Following the nurse consultation, the family may be referred to one of the following:
A child can be referred to the healthy weight nurse specialist if they are:
- Aged between 5 and 12 years.
- Attend a school in Lambeth or
- Live in Lambeth.
- Referrals are accepted from all professionals and directly from parents.
- Professionals must have consent from the child's parent before referring.
- Parents can refer by calling the healthy weight specialist nurse using the contact details on the right side of this page
- Professionals can refer using the online form Evelina School Nursing Professional Referral Form
For further tips and advice on making healthy lifestyle changes go to: