Our service is split into routine and specialist care. Our routine service provides hearing tests for children of all ages as well as care for children with middle-ear disorders.
Our specialist third tier audiology service has advanced facilities for the assessment of:
- very young children
- children with multiple disabilities
- children at an increased risk of permanent hearing problems
- children who are referred from second tier clinics
- children diagnosed with permanent hearing loss.
Who can refer
We provide routine care for children in our local boroughs:
We provide specialist care across south east London boroughs including:
We accept referrals from other boroughs on a case by case basis.
Referrals should only be made with the informed consent from the child's parents or carers.
How to refer
Referrals should be sent either by email or post to the email address or postal address in the contact box on the right hand side of this page. Referrers should use the audiology referral form (Word 201Kb).
Our referral criteria is different across our boroughs and is dependent on the GP address:
Hummingbird Clinic referral criteria
Our Hummingbird Clinic provides specialist hearing assessment for children with autism spectrum disorder or other complex needs. We accept referrals from all professionals for children:
- who are undergoing social communication assessments
- who have a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder
- for whom it is difficult to obtain reliable hearing thresholds
- who have complex needs.