First floor, South Wing, staircase D, St Thomas' Hospital
Directions: from the main North Wing entrance, turn right at the reception, then left into North Wing. Follow the corridor down through to South Wing, take lift D to the first floor and follow signs for Snow Fox ward.
Snow Fox is a planned care ward with unique artwork in each bay.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are when the unit is open – 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.
- No more than two visitors per bed at once.
- Visiting children must be supervised by an adult.
- There is a mobile phone charging station by each bed.
- Always clean your hands with alcohol gel when you enter or leave the ward to reduce the risk of infection.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has chicken pox, speak to the nurse in charge before entering the ward. Some of the children are very sensitive to infections.
- Please speak to your nurse about visiting if you have symptoms of cold or flu, or have diarrhoea or vomiting.
Hot and cold food is available for patients throughout the day. Water, squash drinks, milk, tea and coffee can be provided at any time from the kitchen.
If your child has any food allergies or special dietary requirements please tell your nurse.
One parent is allowed to stay with their child overnight. There is a pull-out bed at every bedside. For information about other places to stay, see accommodation.
There is a room in which parents, patients and families can relax. This room has a kettle and fridge, and tea and coffee is provided. You can bring and store your own food in this room if you wish. Make sure any food you leave in the parents' room is labelled with your child's name and the date.