First floor, South Wing, staircase D, St Thomas' Hospital (219Kb)
Directions: from the main North Wing entrance, turn right at the reception, then left into North Wing. Follow the corridor down through to South Wing, take lift D to the first floor and follow signs for Snow Fox ward.
Snow Fox is a planned care ward with unique artwork in each bay.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are when the unit is open 7.30am-8pm Monday to Saturday.
- No more than two visitors per bed at once.
- Siblings will only be allowed on unit under exceptional circumstances, which can be discussed on an individual basis. There is a mobile phone charging station by each bed.
- Always clean your hands with alcohol gel when you enter or leave the ward to reduce the risk of infection.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has chicken pox, speak to the nurse in charge before entering the ward. Some of the children are very sensitive to infections.
- Please speak to your nurse about visiting if you have symptoms of cold or flu, or have diarrhoea or vomiting.
Hot and cold food is available for patients throughout the day. Water, squash drinks, milk, tea and coffee can be provided at any time from the kitchen.
If your child has any food allergies or special dietary requirements please tell your nurse.
One parent is allowed to stay with their child overnight. There is a pull-out bed at every bedside. For information about other places to stay, see accommodation.
We have a parents' area that has TV in which you can relax. It has its own tea and coffee making facilities, microwave and a fridge in which you can store your own food. Please label any food stored in the fridge with your child’s name, bed number and a date.